The aim of this course is to equip trainees with the relevant knowledge and technical competence to install and maintain rainwater harvesting systems.
- Understand the importance of water as a valuable resource
- Appreciate the broad scope of the water framework directive
- Develop an awareness of river catchments and river basin districts
- Understand the role of new technologies and new concepts in
- Be familiar with sustainable water management strategies
- Understand water collection, storage systems, filtration stages
and water treatment
- Establish the characteristics and difference between direct and
gravity Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Carry out risk assessments prior to commencing an installation
and adhere to relevant Health and Safety guidelines.
- Design and learn how to install a Rainwater Harvesting System
- Unit 1 The Water Cycle
- Unit 2 Fluvial Processes
- Unit 3 Water Management in Natural Environments
- Unit 4 Threats to Water Quality
- Unit 5 Water Protection
- Unit 6 Practical Training Workshops
Products & Equipment, Product Identification & Product Types
Trainee Profile: Architect, Farmer, Plumber, Building Professionals, Engineers or anyone interested in installing Rainwater Harvesting Systems.
Duration: 3 Days
Course Cost: €495p.p.
Certification: FETAC level 5 certificate in Sustainable water management
Application Forms with all details including payment must be completed before training/assessment commences. Three recent photographs (passport style and size in colour) must be submitted with each application.